Dental Implants in Woonona – A Permanent Solution to Tooth Loss
Are you considering dental implants in Woonona? Dental implants have revolutionised the dental industry, and provide a permanent long- lasting solution to tooth loss. Whether you’re missing one or more teeth, or all of your teeth, we can restore your smile and bite functionality, using dental implants in a variety of ways.
What are dental implants exactly?
Dental implants are used to support one or more false teeth, and act as replacement tooth roots. They’re made from titanium, which is lightweight and strong and, since this metal is biocompatible, isn’t rejected by the body. Instead, over a period of 3 to 6 months, the surrounding bone and soft tissues fuse with it, so it becomes a permanent fixture in the mouth. Once this has happened, the implant(s) can be topped with a single crown or dental bridge, or stabilise dentures and prevent them from becoming loose.
What are the procedures involved in in dental implant surgery?
Depending on the individual patient situation, the dental implant procedure takes from 3 to 9 months to complete.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Dental implants put a halt to the bone loss which naturally occurs when a tooth is lost. While replacing teeth, dental implants also help preserve the jaw, maintaining its shape and density
- The facial structures are supported and indirectly, the soft tissues, gums, cheeks, and lips are too
- Bite functionality is restored, meaning a person can eat all of their favourite foods as they used to before
- Dental implants are easy to maintain by brushing and flossing, as you would do for your natural teeth
- Dental implants feel, look, and act like natural teeth
If you’d like more information about dental implants in Woonona, or want to find out whether you’re a suitable candidate, why not call Woonona Dentists, today on (02) 4044 5524 for a FREE implant consultation?
Disclaimer: Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.